Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I'm on an island!

I got into Taiwan about 3 hours ago. Here are a few of my impressions:

1. It's hot.

People weren't lying when they said that Taiwan was really ridiculously hot. I normally expect the temperature at 7AM to be pleasantly chilled, but climbing up the stairs to my room in the hostel I was sweating more than I can really ever recall.

2. The trees!

Riding the bus from the airport to Taipei, I was struck by how dense the forests lining the side of the highway were.

3. The cops are nice :)

I was stumbling around about a block from my hostel, not quite sure where I was supposed to be going. A police man walked up and in perfect english asked "Can I help you?" I said I was looking for the happy family hostel, and he lead me down an allyway to the door of the hostel.

Anyways, I will have some more pictures and videos for everyone who reads this when I get on my laptop.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you made it! Looking forward to pictures and more. Talk to you later.

Three Rooms Press said...

Gosh, Jacob! So glad to know you made it! I'll keep tuning in to find out what happens. What a fantastic experience--even with the heat!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Unsinkable Aircraft Carrier.